Thursday, March 13, 2008
My new project
Well the other day I was deconstructing a sweater that I had felted and was left with the arms. I was trying to figure out a unique way of using them (I typically make bookmarks out of them), when I came up with the idea of making an Ipod Sleeve with it. Originally I thought that I might actually be able to actually not even have to sew the sides, however when I completed through my first run, I found out that when I put my Ipod into it, it was a bit too loose, so I created a new seam along the side, and now my Ipod fits snuggly into it. I suspect that with smaller sweater I might actually be able to avoid sewing the side seams, but others I will have to. It's just another way to recycle a great sweater!!