Wednesday, March 5, 2008

My advertising idea..


Well today on the Etsy blogs there was a post on what you were going to do today to promote your shop. Well I decided that i was going to create a holder and some business cards that I could distribute throughout the provice. Because I travel throughout the province for my job, I have an opportunity to get the word out all over the place. It's amazing how many bulletin boards you see that you can post this kind of information on.

It's kind of hard to see, but I have a holder secured with ribbon (thought it might make it stand out), and then I shoved a bunch of business cards in the holder. I also included my info on the holder, incase all of the business cards are taken (x my fingers!!)

I think it is pretty important to get the word out in a variety of places including in your own backyard!

2 comments:

Ravenhill said...

Fabulous idea! I am new to Etsy and found your post there on the forum. I need all the wonderful ideas I can get! I am also from the East coast, Maine. I live in Norway now though with my husband and 2 kids. Happy spring!

Caitlin Cooper said...

That is such a terrific idea! I always wondered how to make my cards stand out on bulletin boards...
Thanks for sharing it :-)

Caitlin
appleandstar.etsy.com