Sunday, March 23, 2008

Inspiration: My two right shoes!


Well throughout my life I have been known to do some pretty strange things ~the kind of stories that after I tell them, they shake their head and say "only you could do that" and this one is no different.

On Monday I had some time to kill before a meeting, so I ran into the adjacent mall and decided to do some quick shopping. I found a really cute pair of shoes for 25% off and thought I just had to have them. I was rushing so I grabbed a shoe, tried it on and decided that they would do.

I got home that evening and I was packing to go on the road for work and hauled out my new purchase and thought I would take them along. Well I took them out and thought something didn't quite look right, and of course I had purchased shoes for my right feet- never checking to see if I had a left and and a right shoe in the box- leave it to me- and they were two different sizes to boot!! To make mattters worse, I purchased the shoes in a city 2.5 hours away (I had to go to a meeting out of town), so it was going to be a bit of a challenge to return them...

Well I suppose there's always a silver lining. I came up with an idea to make a shoe bag to remember this adventure:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10470229

No comments: